Baking sweet treats for holidays is the best. Bring on the cupcakes, pies, and pastries!
But sometimes, I just want to whip up something fast. As in – I really need to bring something to a Valentine’s Day get together and I forgot until 30 minutes before I have to leave – fast. So, I decided to make some delicious pretzel m&m treats that are full of pink and red (and chocolate!)
I’ve created hundreds of these little treats using the Christmas m&m’s and after seeing some Valentine’s Day m&m’s at the store, I decided to make some for Valentine’s Day. You’ll need a bag of pretzels (I used mini twist pretzels, but you can also use snaps), a bag of Hershey’s hugs or kisses, and a bag of m&ms (I used the special Valentine’s Day mix).
Making these is about as simple as it gets:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Spread a single layer of pretzels onto a baking sheet (I put down a nonstick silicone mat to help prevent sticking)
- Add a Hershey’s hug or kiss candy onto each pretzel
- Stick them in the oven for 2-3 minutes until just melted
- Press an m&m candy onto the top of each chocolate candy
- Allow to cool before you pull them off the baking sheet all melty and pop it in your mouth (ahem.)
That’s it! Since it’s freezing here in Michigan, I just set them on the back porch for a few minutes, and they cooled really quickly.
Whenever the holidays are near, be on the lookout for holiday themed bags of m&ms, grab some pretzels and Hershey chocolates, and you’ve got yourself an easy treat! These are always a hit, and always disappear quickly.